Las Vegas Brain Injury Attorneys
Representing the Victims of Personal Injury Accidents throughout Nevada
Traumatic brain injuries can have serious, lifelong effects on a person’s life. The severity of a brain injury varies greatly depending on the location and extent of the brain injury. Even seemingly minor brain injuries, such as concussions, can have severe consequences that may impact a person’s ability to work or engage in daily activities for many years.
At Van and Associates, our Las Vegas brain injury lawyers are dedicated to protecting the victims of personal injury accidents, including auto accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and slip and fall accidents, who have suffered serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries, and neck injuries.
If you have suffered a head injury as a result of the negligent and intentional misconduct of another, you may be entitled to money damages, including compensation for medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Our Las Vegas head injury lawyers are dedicated to fighting for your rights and advocating on your behalf to get you the compensation that you need and deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, do not hesitate to contact the Las Vegas brain injury lawyers at Van and Associates at (702) 529-1011 for a free consultation to discuss a possible personal injury or premises liability lawsuit.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can vary in terms of type and severity depending on the circumstances of the accident, but some of the more common types of head and brain injuries include:
- Concussions. Concussions can happen any time the head accelerates quickly and then suddenly stops or is rapidly rotated. The head does not need to come in contact with a hard surface in order for a person to suffer a concussion. Concussions can result in confusion, blurred vision, memory loss, nausea and, in some severe cases, unconsciousness. Concussions are most commonly sustained in auto accidents and sports injuries.
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a head and neck injury that is commonly sustained in auto accidents, especially rear-end collisions. Whiplash is caused when the head is thrust forward and back at a high speed, causing injury to the muscles of the head and neck.
- Direct trauma injuries. These injuries include any injuries that occur as a result of direct contact with the head and brain, including skull fractures, contusions, and brain hemorrhages.
- Diffuse axonal injuries. These injuries are caused by the severe and sudden twisting of the brain.
- Hypoxia. Hypoxia is caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain and is typically sustained as a birth injury or as a result of inadequate medical treatment following a personal injury accident.
- Secondary brain injuries, including swelling of the brain, collection of blood on the brain, or fluid on the brain.
Common Causes of Brain Injuries
Brain and head injuries can occur in a variety of different accidents. The Las Vegas brain injury lawyers at Van and Associates represent clients who have suffered brain injuries as a result of the following types of accidents:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Public transit accidents
- Slips and falls
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Sports injuries
Call Now for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, do not hesitate to contact the dedicated Las Vegas brain injury lawyers at Van and Associates at (702) 529-1011 for a free consultation to discuss a possible personal injury or premises liability lawsuit.