Las Vegas Dog Bite Attorneys
Representing the Victims of Animal Attacks throughout Nevada
Dog bites and animal attacks can result in lifelong, debilitating injuries and scars. Unfortunately, dog bites are much more common than you might think. The Las Vegas dog bite attorneys at Van and Associates are experienced personal injury and premises liability attorneys that are well-versed in the Nevada laws regarding dog bites and animal attacks. We are dedicated to getting you the maximum recovery possible for your injuries following an animal attack.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a dog bite or animal attack incident, contact the Las Vegas dog bite attorneys at Van and Associates at (702) 529-1011 for a free consultation to learn more about a possible personal injury or premises liability claim.
Dog Bite Statistics
The following dog bite statistics are available from the American Humane Association:
- An estimated 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year
- Nearly 800,000 dog bites require medical care
- Approximately 92% of fatal dog attacks involved male dogs, 94% of which were not neutered
- Approximately 71% of bites occur to the extremities (arms, legs, hands, feet)
- Approximately two-thirds of bites occurred on or near the victim’s property, and most victims knew the dog
- Approximately 24% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs off of their owners’ property
- Approximately 58% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs on their owners’ property
- 50% of dog attacks involved children under 12 years old
- 82% of dog bites treated in the emergency room involved children under 15 years old
- 70% of dog-bite fatalities occurred among children under 10 years old
Nevada Dog Bite Laws
Unlike most states, Nevada is not a strict liability state with respect to dog bites and animal attacks. Accordingly, if you have been injured by an animal, you must prove that the owner of the animal was at fault. Liability may be established by showing that the owner failed to have the dog on a leash or proving that the owner knew that the animal was dangerous or had a violent history.
In some jurisdictions, local ordinances may also apply. For instance, Clark County prohibits ownership of a vicious animal, with limited exceptions. Las Vegas municipal laws also generally prohibit ownership of a dangerous animal, with limited exceptions.
Call for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured by a dog or other animal attack, contact the Las Vegas dog bite attorneys at Van and Associates at (702) 529-1011 for a free consultation to learn more about a possible personal injury or premises liability claim.