Las Vegas Truck Accident Attorneys
Representing the Victims of Motor Vehicle Accidents throughout Nevada
Commercial truck accidents are some of the most serious motor vehicle accidents. Due to their sheer size and force, accidents involving commercial trucks can cause catastrophic injuries, including head injuries, spine injuries, and neck injuries. Moreover, commercial truck accidents are also among the deadliest motor vehicle accidents.
The Las Vegas truck accident lawyers at Van and Associates focus on handling a variety of personal injury lawsuits, including commercial trucking accidents and auto accidents. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a commercial truck accident, time is of the essence. Contact us today at (702) 529-1011 to schedule a free consultation with one of our dedicated trucking accident attorneys.
Causes of Truck Accidents
The specific cause of a truck accident can affect issues related to liability, named defendants, and damages. Some of the possible causes of a truck accident include:
- Truck driver fatigue. Truck drivers often work long hours with little rest. Truck drivers’ erratic and busy schedules can lead to sleep deprivation and fatigue, which can slow reaction time and result in unsafe driving conditions.
- Speeding or reckless driving. Productivity pay scales can lead to speeding and reckless driving as truck drivers seek to complete a delivery in less than adequate time.
- Distracted and/or inattentive driving. Cell phones are a common cause of distracted driving and a leading cause of motor vehicle accidents, including truck accidents.
- Truck defects
- Alcohol-related accidents
- Improper training
- Improper maintenance and use of truck
- Failure to comply with safety regulations
- Improper loading of truck
Importance of Comprehensive Crash Investigation
As experienced Nevada truck accident attorneys, we understand the importance of conducting a comprehensive truck accident investigation in order to effectively assess the cause of the truck accident and conduct a proper legal analysis. By working with accident investigators and medical personnel, we are able to assemble the evidence necessary to support your legal claim.
Truck accidents often involve overlapping liability and multiple defendants. Often times, the truck driver and his or her employer trucking company may both be liable for the accident. In these cases, the trucking company’s safety and employment records must be reviewed and analyzed in order to assess liability. In other cases, another motorist may also be partially responsible for the accident.
Experience Dealing with Insurance Companies
At Van and Associates, our Las Vegas motor vehicle accident attorneys are well-versed in dealing with insurance companies and addressing insurance policy issues that are frequently involved in truck accident and auto accident lawsuits. Insurance companies retained by trucking companies are in the business of making a profit and frequently take a formulaic approach to determining compensation. At Van and Associates, our Las Vegas truck accident attorneys will use our exceptional negotiating skills and our comprehensive legal knowledge to vigorously advocate on your behalf and ensure that your rights are protected.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, contact the skilled Las Vegas truck accident attorneys at Van and Associates at (702) 529-1011 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and remedies.